Jump to Main Content
- Sangkeun Son; Sung-Kyun Ko; Seung Min Kim; Eun Kim; Gil Soo Kim; Byeongsan Lee; In-Ja Ryoo; Won-Gon Kim; Jung-Sook Lee; Young-Soo Hong; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jong Seog Ahn
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2462-2469
- Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptomyces; acetone; amino acids; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; derivatization; linkage groups; lipopeptides; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; methicillin; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Korean Peninsula
- ... Three cyclic lipopeptides, including one known (1) and two new (2 and 3) compounds, that possess the rare enamide linkage group were discovered from Streptomyces sp. KCB14A132, an actinobacterium isolated from a soil sample collected from Jeung Island, Korea. The NMR and MS-based characterization showed that they differed in the amino acid residues in the peptide backbone. Application of Marfey’s ...
- Sangkeun Son; Mina Jang; Byeongsan Lee; Young-Soo Hong; Sung-Kyun Ko; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jong Seog Ahn
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.10 pp. 2205-2211
- Streptomyces; biosynthesis; cell movement; genes; genome mining; liquid chromatography; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; sequence analysis; soil bacteria; volcanic islands; Korean Peninsula
- ... The advances of genomic sequence analyses and genome mining tools have enabled the exploration of untapped microbial natural products. Through genome mining studies to discover cryptic natural products, we found biosynthetic genes encoding a new lasso peptide in the genome sequence of a soil bacterium, Streptomyces sp. KCB13F003 isolated from Ulleung Island (a small volcanic island), Korea. The pr ...