Jump to Main Content
- Sangkeun Son; Sung-Kyun Ko; Seung Min Kim; Eun Kim; Gil Soo Kim; Byeongsan Lee; In-Ja Ryoo; Won-Gon Kim; Jung-Sook Lee; Young-Soo Hong; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jong Seog Ahn
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2462-2469
- Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptomyces; acetone; amino acids; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; derivatization; linkage groups; lipopeptides; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; methicillin; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Korean Peninsula
- ... Three cyclic lipopeptides, including one known (1) and two new (2 and 3) compounds, that possess the rare enamide linkage group were discovered from Streptomyces sp. KCB14A132, an actinobacterium isolated from a soil sample collected from Jeung Island, Korea. The NMR and MS-based characterization showed that they differed in the amino acid residues in the peptide backbone. Application of Marfey’s ...
- Xihong He; Meng Li; Shuting Song; Xiaonong Wu; Jing Zhang; Guoguo Wu; Rong Yue; Huanhuan Cui; Siqing Song; Congcong Ma; Fuping Lu; Huitu Zhang
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2018 v.102 no.10 pp. 4345-4354
- DNA; DNA fragmentation; DNA replication; Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptomyces; alkaloids; antibiotics; bioactive properties; biosynthesis; chromosomes; drugs; ethyleneimine; mechanism of action; multiple drug resistance; prototypes; stable isotopes
- ... Ficellomycin is an aziridine antibiotic produced by Streptomyces ficellus, which displays high in vitro activity against Gram-positive bacteria including multidrug resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus. Compared to currently available antibiotics, ficellomycin exhibits a unique mechanism of action—it impairs the semiconservative DNA replication by inducing the formation of deficient 34S DNA f ...