Jump to Main Content
- Yuan Guo; Qiyan Jiang; Zheng Hu; Xianjun Sun; Shoujin Fan; Hui Zhang
- crop journal 2018 v.6 no.2 pp. 181-190
- Arabidopsis; RNA; Triticum aestivum; auxins; cytoplasm; drought; environmental factors; genes; hydrogen peroxide; plant breeding; plant response; roots; salt stress; salt tolerance; stress tolerance; survival rate; transgenic plants; water stress; wheat
- ... Small auxin-upregulated RNAs (SAURs) are genes regulated by auxin and environmental factors. In this study, we identified a SAUR gene in wheat, TaSAUR75. Under salt stress, TaSAUR75 is downregulated in wheat roots. Subcellular localization revealed that TaSAUR75 was localized in both the cytoplasm and nucleus. Overexpression of TaSAUR75 increased drought and salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Transgen ...
- Zhaorong Hu; Rui Wang; Mei Zheng; Xingbei Liu; Fei Meng; Hualing Wu; Yingyin Yao; Mingming Xin; Huiru Peng; Zhongfu Ni; Qixin Sun
- plant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 372-388
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis; Triticum aestivum; auxins; carboxylic acids; electrophoresis; ethylene; ethylene production; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; homozygosity; mutants; nutrient uptake; phenotype; promoter regions; roots; signal transduction; staple crops; transcription (genetics); transgenic plants; wheat
- ... Common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is an important staple food crop worldwide. Lateral roots (LRs), as the major component of root architecture, affect water and nutrient uptake in wheat. The phytohormone ethylene is known to affect LR formation; however, the factor(s) modulating ethylene during this process have not yet been elucidated in wheat. Here we identified wheat TaWRKY51 as a key factor ...