Jump to Main Content
- Manzi, Antônio O., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.260-261 pp. 41-54
- air; anemometers; atmospheric circulation; energy; equations; forest canopy; forest litter; heat transfer; rain forests; turbulent flow; wind; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... Atmospheric turbulence characteristics within and above rain forest canopies are investigated at several sites located in the Amazon region of Brazil. Turbulence data provided by bi- and three-dimensional sonic anemometers, which were deployed at heights ranging from near the forest floor to about 80 m, are analyzed to describe the principal features of atmospheric turbulence, sensible heat flux ( ...
- Manzi, Antonio, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.256-257 pp. 391-406
- air; biological control; chemical reactions; emissions; fluid mechanics; hydroxyl radicals; isoprene; leaf area index; leaves; meteorological data; mixing ratio; models; nitric oxide; phenology; rain forests; recycling; seasonal variation; solar radiation; temperature; troposphere; volatile organic compounds; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... The Amazon rain forest is a major global isoprene source, but little is known about its seasonal ambient concentration patterns. To investigate the environmental and phenological controls over isoprene seasonality, we measured isoprene mixing ratios, concurrent meteorological data, and leaf area indices from April 2014 to January 2015 above a rain forest in the central Amazon, Brazil. Daytime medi ...