Jump to Main Content
- Mekhanikova, I. V.; Vorobyeva, S. S.
- Biology bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences 2018 v.45 no.8 pp. 789-793
- Synedra, etc ; Amphipoda; Arundinella; Cyanobacteria; Dinobryon; algae; detritus; diet; littoral zone; phytoplankton; symbionts; toxins; Lake Baikal; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The diet of a symbiont, Brandtia parasitica parasitica (Dybowsky 1874), of Baikal sponges collected during an ecological crisis in the littoral zone of Lake Baikal is analyzed. In June 2015, the main components of the diet of the amphipod that lived on diseased sponges were fine detritus, sedimented chrysophycean algae of the genus Dinobryon, and planktonic diatoms of the genus Synedra. These alga ...
- Senga, Yukiko; Yabe, Shiori; Nakamura, Takaki; Kagami, Maiko
- Water research 2018 v.145 pp. 346-353
- Synedra, etc ; algae; bacteria; dissolved organic matter; factor analysis; fungi; humic substances; organic carbon; parasitoses; water treatment; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Algae-derived dissolved organic matter (AOM) is an important nutrient source for heterotrophic bacteria, while AOM such as humic substances pose significant challenges during water treatment processing. We hypothesized that the parasitic infection of algae could change the composition and concentration of AOM. This study investigated the quality and quantity of DOM and bacterial abundance in diato ...