Jump to Main Content
- Lens, Piet N.L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Renewable energy 2018 v.119 pp. 608-614
- alkali treatment; anaerobic digestion; biogas; chemical composition; crop yield; ethanol; feedstocks; hemicellulose; lignin; lignocellulose; sodium hydroxide; solvents; wheat straw
- ... This work investigated the effect of three different chemical pretreatment methods on the biogas production from the anaerobic digestion of wheat straw. The lignocellulosic material was separately pretreated using i) the organic solvent N-methylmorpholine N-oxide (NMMO) at 120 °C for 3 h, ii) the organosolv method, employing ethanol as the organic solvent at 180 °C for 1 h and iii) using an alkali ...
- Lens, Piet N.L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.247 pp. 897-903
- alkali treatment; anaerobic digestion; biogas; cobalt; hydrolysis; nickel; rice straw; selenium; sodium hydroxide; synergism; volatile fatty acids
- ... The effect of trace elements (TEs) addition and NaOH pretreatment on the anaerobic digestion of rice straw was investigated in batch tests. Co, Ni and Se were added to the raw rice straw at different dosages. The NaOH pretreatment was applied to the rice straw both alone and in combination with the addition of TEs, in order to evaluate potential synergistic effects of the pretreatment and the TEs ...