Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.259 pp. 32-39
- antibiotic resistance genes; bacteria; bacterial communities; community structure; earthworms; environmental factors; fluoroquinolones; horizontal gene transfer; sewage sludge; tetracycline; vermicomposting
- ... Diverse antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) present in sewage sludge are difficult to be eliminated using conventional sludge treatment processes. To date, little remains known on the fate of the ARGs during vermicomposting of sludge. This study aimed to investigate the effect of earthworms on the fate of tetracycline and fluoroquinolone resistance genes, and integrons during vermicomposting of sew ...
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.644 pp. 494-502
- Eisenia fetida; Flavobacteriales; activated sludge; antibiotic resistance genes; bacteria; earthworms; enzyme activity; quinolones; ribosomal DNA; vermicomposting; vermicomposts
- ... Antibiotic resistance genes abundant in municipal excess sludge reduce the agricultural value of vermicompost. However, little attention has been paid on the fate and behavior of the problem-causing agents in vermicomposting. In this study, the fate and behavior of quinolone resistance genes in excess activated sludge during vermicomposting were studied with reactors introduced with Eisenia fetida ...