Jump to Main Content
- Liggieri, Constanza Silvina, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.264 pp. 326-333
- Maclura pomifera; amino acids; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioinformatics; electrophoresis; fruits; functional foods; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; ingredients; inhibitory concentration 50; latex; manufacturing; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; peptidases; peptides; proteolysis; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; soy protein; soy protein hydrolysates
- ... A partially purified proteolytic extract prepared from Maclura pomifera latex was employed in hydrolyzing a soybean-protein isolate (4.2 mg/mL). The hydrolysis-product formation, monitored by tricine–sodium-dodecyl-sulfate–polyacrylamyde-gel electrophoresis and reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography, indicated that after 10 min of reaction the main soybean proteins disappeared. The m ...
- Drago, Silvina R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2018 v.30 no.1 pp. 637-648
- Pyropia; absorption; animal models; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; blood serum; bone density; calcium; catalase; colon; corn; dietary fiber; enzyme activity; glutathione-disulfide reductase; inducible nitric oxide synthase; liver; macroalgae; males; mineral content; pH; phenolic compounds; prostaglandin synthase; rats; skeleton; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the effect of consumption of extruded maize product added with a low level of the red seaweed Pyropia columbina on colonic and systemic oxidative status using a growing Wistar rat model. Twenty-four (n = 24) male Wistar rats were fed for 60 days with control (C), extruded maize product group (M), or extruded maize product added with red seaweed P. columbina (MP ...