Jump to Main Content
- Benítez, Vanesa; Esteban, Rosa M.; Moniz, Eva; Casado, Natalia; Aguilera, Yolanda; Mollá, Esperanza
- Journal of cereal science 2018 v.82 pp. 113-120
- food fortification, etc ; Helianthus annuus; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; breadmaking; dietary fiber; fructans; health promotion; ingredients; linseed; nutritive value; oats; oligosaccharides; polyphenols; rye; seeds; wheat; wheat bran; wheat flour; white bread; whole grain flour; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Antioxidant dietary fibre (DF) and bioactive compounds are considered important factors for nutritional and health-promoting properties of cereal products. Breads fortified with wholegrain cereals and seeds are increasingly demanded, making it necessary to investigate the influence of these ingredients on nutritional value of breads. The aim of this study was to assess the impact of wheat flour fo ...
- Giampieri, Francesca; Gasparrini, Massimiliano; Forbes-Hernandez, Tamara Y.; Mazzoni, Luca; Capocasa, Franco; Sabbadini, Silvia; Alvarez-Suarez, Josè M.; Afrin, Sadia; Rosati, Carlo; Pandolfini, Tiziana; Molesini, Barbara; Sánchez-Sevilla, José F.; Amaya, Iraida; Mezzetti, Bruno; Battino, Maurizio
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.3 pp. 581-592
- food fortification, etc ; anthocyanidins; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; apoptosis; bioactive compounds; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; correlation; cytotoxicity; free radicals; fruit extracts; fruits; genes; hepatoma; humans; mitochondria; neoplasm cells; polyphenols; strawberries; transcriptome; transgenic plants; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Food fortification through the increase and/or modulation of bioactive compounds has become a major goal for preventing several diseases, including cancer. Here, strawberry lines of cv. Calypso transformed with a construct containing an anthocyanidin synthase (ANS) gene were produced to study the effects on anthocyanin biosynthesis, metabolism, and transcriptome. Three strawberry ANS transgenic li ...