Jump to Main Content
- Drago, Silvina R., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of food biochemistry 2018 v.42 no.6 pp. e12692
- Sorghum bicolor; antioxidant activity; beers; beta-amylase; brewing; brewing industry; color; enzyme activity; equations; free amino acids; gamma-aminobutyric acid; hybrids; malting; markets; phenolic compounds; prediction; protein content; raw materials
- ... The potential of twenty‐four hybrids of white (WS) and red sorghum (RS) to produce beer or bio‐functional malted beverages was studied. Brewery aptitude was evaluated through diastatic power (DP), β‐amylase activity, hot water extract (HWE), and Kolbach index using sorghum malted at 30°C; while bio‐functional potential was evaluated through GABA, free amino acids (FAA) content, phenolics, and anti ...
- Drago, Silvina R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2018 v.30 no.1 pp. 637-648
- Pyropia; absorption; animal models; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; blood serum; bone density; calcium; catalase; colon; corn; dietary fiber; enzyme activity; glutathione-disulfide reductase; inducible nitric oxide synthase; liver; macroalgae; males; mineral content; pH; phenolic compounds; prostaglandin synthase; rats; skeleton; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the effect of consumption of extruded maize product added with a low level of the red seaweed Pyropia columbina on colonic and systemic oxidative status using a growing Wistar rat model. Twenty-four (n = 24) male Wistar rats were fed for 60 days with control (C), extruded maize product group (M), or extruded maize product added with red seaweed P. columbina (MP ...