Jump to Main Content
- Liggieri, Constanza Silvina, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.264 pp. 326-333
- Maclura pomifera; amino acids; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioinformatics; electrophoresis; fruits; functional foods; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; ingredients; inhibitory concentration 50; latex; manufacturing; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; peptidases; peptides; proteolysis; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; soy protein; soy protein hydrolysates
- ... A partially purified proteolytic extract prepared from Maclura pomifera latex was employed in hydrolyzing a soybean-protein isolate (4.2 mg/mL). The hydrolysis-product formation, monitored by tricine–sodium-dodecyl-sulfate–polyacrylamyde-gel electrophoresis and reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography, indicated that after 10 min of reaction the main soybean proteins disappeared. The m ...
- Ghione, Silvina, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of food quality 2018 v.2018
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Cydonia oblonga; antioxidant activity; food processing wastes; fruits; jams; polyphenols; processing technology; pulp; quinces
- ... The content of phenolic compounds and their relationship with the antioxidant capacity of quince fruit were evaluated before and after jam processing at industrial scale. Waste samples from industrial processing were also analyzed. Twelve phenolics and one organic acid were identified and quantified by HPLC-DAD-QTOF. According to the results, jam processing did not produce a decrease in polyphenol ...