Jump to Main Content
- Lo Scalzo, R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1194 pp. 1451-1457
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Rubus plicatus; acidity; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; blackberries; color; cultivars; firmness; fruits; hills; nutrient content; nutritive value; polyphenols; ready-to-eat foods; shelf life; total soluble solids; vegetables; Italy
- ... Minimal processing of fruit and vegetables involves different operations that increase the perishability of the final product and often cause a decrease in its nutritional properties. In this work three blackberry (Rubus fruticosus L.) cultivars ('Chester', 'Arapaho' and 'Triple Crown') grown in the hill (Valle Imagna, BG, Italy) or in the plain (Arcagna, LO, Italy) were evaluated immediately afte ...
- Lo Scalzo, R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1202 pp. 33-38
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Brassica; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; caffeic acid; crops; esters; flowering; freeze drying; gene banks; genotype; glucoraphanin; hybrids; kaempferol; landraces; leaves; polyphenols; provenance; sinigrin; storage temperature
- ... The COCHEVA BRAS Brassica collection was grown in Catania and it was represented by 26 landraces representing different crops of B. oleracea (10 of Portuguese provenance and 16 of Italian one) 7 F1 hybrids of B. oleracea and 6 wild Italian Brassica species. Plants were transplanted in July and at the beginning of the flowering stage leaf samples were randomly collected from three single plants per ...