Jump to Main Content
- Nogueira, José M.F., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.113 pp. 422-428
- Ballota; aerial parts; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; bioactive compounds; caffeic acid; catechin; epicatechin; ferulic acid; fungi; health promotion; high performance liquid chromatography; medicinal plants; methanol; phytopharmaceuticals; quercetin; rutin; solvents; syringic acid; therapeutics; traditional medicine; vanillic acid; Turkey (country)
- ... Ballota macrodonta Boiss. et Balansa., is a traditionally used endemic medicinal plant used to manage a plethora of diseases in Turkey. Nonetheless, few studies have endeavoured to highlight its therapeutic potential and its phytochemical profile. We hypothesized that B. macrodonta would possess multi-pharmacological propensities and bioactive compounds that would justify its use as a folk remedy. ...
- Nogueira, José M.F., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.111 pp. 525-536
- Bidens tripartita; alpha-glucosidase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; cell lines; cell viability; chlorogenic acid; computer simulation; cytotoxicity; enzyme inhibition; epicatechin; ethyl acetate; high performance liquid chromatography; hydrogen bonding; methanol; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; plasmids; toxicology; viability assays
- ... Bidens tripartita L. is a traditional phyto-remedy used in several countries, yet there is still a paucity of data on its biological potential. We aimed to provide new insights on the pharmacological potential of extracts prepared from B. tripartita via highlighting its antioxidant, key enzymes inhibitory potency, and DNA protecting effects. Phytochemical profile was established using High-Perform ...