Jump to Main Content
- Lens, Piet N.L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2018 v.126 pp. 119-129
- anthropogenic activities; arsenic; chromium; copper; ecotoxicology; guidelines; iron; lead; manganese; mercury; nickel; pollution control; risk; sediment traps; sediments; tin; water pollution; zinc; Ghana
- ... Sediment traps were deployed in the Tema Harbour to estimate the settling fluxes of silt-clay particles and associated metals (Fe, Mn, Pb, Cr, Cu, Zn, Ni, Hg, Sn and As) and characterise their potential ecotoxicological risks. The mean daily settling fluxes of the silt-clay particles and associated metals ranged from 42.7 to 85.0gm−2d−1 and 1.3×10−2 to 49.4mgm−2d−1, respectively, and were characte ...
- Lens, Piet N.L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2018 v.135 pp. 96-102
- aquatic environment; arsenic; biochar; cadmium; cation exchange capacity; chemical treatment; hydrogen peroxide; organic matter; oxidation; pH; phosphates; potassium hydroxide; sewage sludge; sewage treatment; sorption; surface area; washing
- ... This work seeks to extend the knowledge on the effect of chemical treatment of sewage sludge digestate (SSD)-derived biochar for the As(III and V) and Cd(II) sorption ability using potassium hydroxide (KOH) or hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). Results showed the increases of the pH of point of zero charge, the Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) surface area and cation exchange capacity (CEC) after chemical trea ...