Jump to Main Content
- de Espirito Santo, Carlos M, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2018 v.49 no.1 pp. 222-231
- Oreochromis niloticus; aeration; air; biofloc technology; blowers; dissolved oxygen; electric energy consumption; fish production; juveniles; models; oxygen; particulates; production technology; temperature; water quality; Brazil
- ... Aeration systems used in BFT farming need to meet the dissolved oxygen demand from the biota present in the tank, as well as to keep the particulate matter in suspension. In BFT systems, it is common to use blowers, but the choice of an aerator with better efficiency in oxygen transfer and in electric energy consumption is indispensable. The vertical pump model (VPM) aerator is the most used in in ...
- do Espírito Santo, Carlos Manoel, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Aquaculture 2018 v.488 pp. 90-95
- Litopenaeus vannamei; Vibrio parahaemolyticus; biofloc technology; biomass; disease outbreaks; farming systems; feed additives; feed conversion; growth performance; histology; immune response; midgut; prebiotics; probiotics; rearing; shrimp; shrimp culture; superoxide anion; surface area; villi; weight gain
- ... In order to reduce disease outbreaks in shrimp aquaculture, biosafe farming practices have been created, such as the biofloc system and the use of feed additives to improve shrimp immune response and growth performance. Many studies with feed additives have tested probiotics in biofloc rearing systems; yet to date, no studies have reported on the use of prebiotics in the feed of farmed shrimp in b ...