Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: silva?
- Raya-Díaz, Silvia, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biological control 2018 v.116 pp. 90-102
- Beauveria bassiana; Spodoptera littoralis; biological control; breads; durum wheat; endophytes; entomopathogenic fungi; grain yield; host plants; inoculation methods; insects; larvae; leaves; mortality; nutrient uptake; plant hormones; plant protection
- ... Entomopathogenic fungi have traditionally been assumed to help regulate insect populations. However, some hypocrealean ascomycetes, such as Beauveria bassiana, play other, poorly understood ecological roles that might be useful in developing novel strategies for both increased crop production and crop protection. The primary aims of this work were (a) to assess endophytic colonization of bread whe ...
- López, Silvia N., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- BioControl 2018 v.63 no.4 pp. 565-573
- Trichogramma; acclimation; adults; biological control; cold storage; parasitism; parasitoids; prepupae; progeny; protocols; sex ratio; temperature
- ... The availability of suitable storage methods for parasitoids is a valuable tool in biological control programs. Studies were conducted to investigate the effects of cold storage with acclimation period on the quality of Trichogramma nerudai Pintureau and Gerding. Prepupae were stored 50, 75 and 100 days at 5 °C with a previous acclimation period of 10 or 20 days at 12 °C. It was possible to arrest ...