Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Liandong; Li, Zhaohua; Hiltunen, Erkki
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 183
- harvesting, etc ; Chlorella vulgaris; aluminum sulfate; biofuels; biomass; chitosan; cost effectiveness; flocculants; flocculation; fuel production; lipid content; lipids; microalgae; polymers; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Microalgal biomass harvesting using traditional chemicals is costly for the production of biofuels, hindering the scale-up process of the technology. Thus, the search for a cost-effective microalgal harvesting method is extremely important. Using chitosan as a natural flocculant to harvest microalgal biomass seems to be an efficient and convenient solution. Although microalgal biomass ...
- PubMed Central:
- Tasselli, Giorgia; Filippucci, Sara; Borsella, Elisabetta; D’Antonio, Silvia; Gelosia, Mattia; Cavalaglio, Gianluca; Turchetti, Benedetta; Sannino, Ciro; Onofri, Andrea; Mastrolitti, Silvio; De Bari, Isabella; Cotana, Franco; Buzzini, Pietro
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 147
- harvesting, etc ; Leucosporidium; Olea europaea; biodiesel; biomass; biorefining; carbon; cardoons; cost effectiveness; enzymatic hydrolysis; feedstocks; hydrolysis; lignocellulose; lipid composition; lipids; oils; oligosaccharides; olives; pruning; temperature; yeasts; Mediterranean region; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Some lignocellulosic biomass feedstocks occur in Mediterranean Countries. They are still largely unexploited and cause considerable problems due to the lack of cost-effective harvesting, storage and disposal technologies. Recent studies found that some basidiomycetous yeasts are able to accumulate high amount of intracellular lipids for biorefinery processes (i.e., biofuels and biochem ...
- PubMed Central: