Jump to Main Content
- Li, Yongchao, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2018 v.229 no.3 pp. 54
- Anabaena spiroides; Chlorella vulgaris; Desulfovibrio; Scenedesmus obliquus; Selenastrum capricornutum; acid mine drainage; bioremediation; calcium chloride; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; copper; ethanol; fatty acids; microalgae; pH; polyvinyl alcohol; quartz; sludge; sodium alginate; sulfate-reducing bacteria; sulfates
- ... A strain of Desulfovibrio sp. sulfate-reducing bacteria (SRB) was isolated from a sludge sample. Novel immobilized SRB beads with microalgae (Chlorella vulgaris, Scenedesmus obliquus, Selenastrum capricornutum, and Anabaena spiroides) as the carbon source were prepared and then used to treat wastewater containing 60 mg/L Cu(II) and 600 mg/L sulfate in batch experiments. The microalgae were first d ...
- Li, Yongchao, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.5 pp. 1453-1461
- Scenedesmus obliquus; biodegradability; bioreactors; bioremediation; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; copper; fermentation; heavy metals; hydrolysis; immobilized cells; mass transfer; microalgae; strength (mechanics); sulfate-reducing bacteria; sulfates; sulfides; volatile fatty acids; wastewater; water pollution
- ... BACKGROUND: Microalgae which have greater biodegradable fractions than other organics were chosen as a carbon source for sulfate‐reducing bacteria (SRB). Immobilized SRB–microalgae beads were then prepared and used for bioremediation of synthetic copper mine wastewater. RESULTS: Hydrolysis fermentation of the microalgae was observed and it was noted that the microalgae were first degraded to volat ...