Jump to Main Content
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2018 v.203 pp. 73-77
- EDTA (chelating agent); Seriola quinqueradiata; antibacterial properties; antibodies; bacteria; blood serum; chelation; complement; electron microscopy; fish; humoral immunity; immunization; immunoglobulin M; jaundice; mortality
- ... Ichthyobacterium seriolicida is the causative agent of bacterial hemolytic jaundice (BHJ) in Japanese amberjack, Seriola quinqueradiata. Fish recovering from BHJ acquire protective immunity against reinfection. In this study, fish were passively immunized to determine whether serum antibody is involved in protection against BHJ. The susceptibility of I. seriolicida to the bactericidal activity of ...
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Vaccine 2018 v.36 no.19 pp. 2643-2649
- Infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus; Seriola dumerili; Seriola quinqueradiata; antibodies; antigens; blood serum; case studies; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fish; genes; immune response; models; pathogens; prediction; protective effect; recombinant vaccines; screening; sorbents; vaccine development
- ... Predicting antigens that would be protective is crucial for the development of recombinant vaccine using genome based vaccine development, also known as reverse vaccinology. High-throughput antigen screening is effective for identifying vaccine target genes, particularly for pathogens for which minimal antigenicity data exist. Using red sea bream iridovirus (RSIV) as a research model, we developed ...