Jump to Main Content
- Lens, Piet N.L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.270 pp. 359-367
- Thermomonas; Thiobacillus; biomass; byproducts; denitrification; desulfurization; nitrate nitrogen; nitrites; nitrogen; nitrogen dioxide; pollution; sulfur; surface area; wastewater
- ... In this study, the biokinetics of autotrophic denitrification with biogenic S0 (ADBIOS) for the treatment of nitrogen pollution in wastewaters were investigated. The used biogenic S0, a by-product of gas desulfurization, was an elemental microcrystalline orthorhombic sulfur with a median size of 4.69 µm and a specific surface area of 3.38 m2/g, which made S0 particularly reactive and bioavailable. ...
- Lens, Piet N.L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.248 pp. 180-186
- biohydrogen; biomass; byproducts; fermentation; food waste; hydrogen production; lactic acid; metabolites; total solids; wheat straw
- ... Production of biohydrogen and related metabolic by-products was investigated in Solid State Dark Fermentation (SSDF) of food waste (FW) and wheat straw (WS). The effect of the total solids (TS) content and H2 partial pressure (ppH2), two of the main operating factors of SSDF, were investigated. Batch tests with FW at 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30% TS showed considerable effects of the TS on metabolites di ...