Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biotechnology advances 2018 v.36 no.1 pp. 150-167
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; anaerobic conditions; biocatalysts; carbon; ethanol; glycerol; lactic acid; metabolism; succinic acid; value-added products
- ... Klebsiella pneumoniae is a Gram-negative facultative anaerobe that metabolizes glycerol efficiently under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions. This microbe is considered an outstanding biocatalyst for transforming glycerol into a variety of value-added products. Crude glycerol is a cheap carbon source and can be converted by K. pneumoniae into useful compounds such as lactic acid, 3-hydroxypropi ...
- Park, SungHoon, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 250-258
- Escherichia coli; acetates; carbon; fructose-bisphosphate aldolase; glucose; glycerol; phosphates; toxicity
- ... A range of recombinant strains of Escherichia coli were developed to produce 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO), an important C3 diol, from glucose. Two modules, the glycerol-producing pathway converting dihydroxyacetone phosphate to glycerol and the 1,3-PDO-producing pathway converting glycerol to 1,3-PDO, were introduced into E. coli. In addition, to avoid oxidative assimilation of the produced glycerol, ...