Jump to Main Content
- Li, Yan; Blazer, Vicki S.; Wagner, Tyler
- Ecological modelling 2018 v.384 pp. 63-74
- Micropterus dolomieu, etc ; adverse effects; case studies; chemical compounds; chemical pollutants; environmental factors; fish; mortality; oocytes; population dynamics; population size; probability; reproduction; simulation models; skin lesions; spring; stocking rate; testes; water temperature; wildlife; young adults; Pennsylvania; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Evaluating stochastic abiotic factors and their combined effects on fish and wildlife populations have been challenging in environmental sciences. Contributing to this challenge is the paucity of data describing how observations made on individuals related to exposure to chemical compounds ultimately effect population vital rates, and how this exposure interacts with other abiotic drivers. Using t ...
- Bangs, MaxR.; Oswald, KennethJ.; Greig, ThomasW.; Leitner, JeanK.; Rankin, DanielM.; Quattro, JosephM.
- Conservation genetics 2018 v.19 no.1 pp. 57-69
- Micropterus dolomieu, etc ; Micropterus salmoides; alleles; bass; case studies; extinction; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; introgression; invasive species; lakes; loci; mitochondria; watersheds; Alabama; Savannah River; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Invasive species threaten native taxa with extirpation and extinction via several biological mechanisms. One such mechanism, hybridization and subsequent introgression of invasive alleles into native genomes is a serious concern, especially for taxa displaying weak reproductive barriers, as is the case for black basses. Black basses introduced outside of their native ranges thus pose elevated thre ...