Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Changming, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemistry 2018 v.57 no.24 pp. 3309-3325
- bioactive properties; biosynthesis; chemical bonding; iron; metabolites; sulfur
- ... As one of the most abundant elements on earth, sulfur is part of many small molecular metabolites and is key to their biological activities. Over the past few decades, some general strategies have been discovered for the incorporation of sulfur into natural products. In this review, we summarize recent efforts in elucidating the biosynthetic details for two sulfur-containing metabolites, ergothion ...
- Zhao, Changming, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.13 pp. 4604-4612
- active sites; biosynthesis; catalytic activity; chemical bonding; cysteine; enzyme activity; histidine; iron; isotopes; oxidation; propionic acid; suppressor genes; thiols; tyrosine
- ... Ovothiol is a histidine thiol derivative. The biosynthesis of ovothiol involves an extremely efficient trans-sulfuration strategy. The nonheme iron enzyme OvoA catalyzed oxidative coupling between cysteine and histidine is one of the key steps. Besides catalyzing the oxidative coupling between cysteine and histidine, OvoA also catalyzes the oxidation of cysteine to cysteine sulfinic acid (cysteine ...