Jump to Main Content
- Young, Kylie G.; Duncanson, Kerith; Burrows, Tracy
- Nutrition & dietetics 2018 v.75 no.3 pp. 291-306
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; attitudes and opinions; caregivers; child nutrition; childhood obesity; children; databases; food choices; food intake; grandparents; nutritional intervention; odds ratio; systematic review; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... AIM: Grandparents are assuming increased child‐caregiving responsibilities, which potentially influences the dietary intake of grandchildren. The aim of this systematic review is to determine the influence of grandparental care on the dietary intake, food‐related behaviours, food choices and weight status of their preschool and school‐aged grandchildren. METHODS: Six electronic health databases we ...
- Armar-Klemesu, Margaret; Osei-Menya, Sarah; Zakariah-Akoto, Sawudatu; Tumilowicz, Alison; Lee, James; Hotz, Christine
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; animal-based foods; anthropology; caregivers; child nutrition; children; complementary feeding; complementary foods; corn; descriptive statistics; diet recall; fish; food and nutrition programs; food production; food security; fruits; ingredients; markets; milk; nutrition education; purchasing; tea; Ghana; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Understanding the context of infant and young child feeding (IYCF) is recognized as essential for designing appropriate complementary feeding interventions. Our objective was to study household IYCF behaviors in 2 districts in southern and northern Ghana to identify opportunities to improve existing nutrition programs. We interviewed 80 caregivers of children aged 6 to 23 months using ethnographic ...