Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Jiang-feng; Wu, Yu; Cai, Cheng-Zheng; Ni, Hong-yang; Cao, Xu-lou; Pu, Hai; Song, Shuai-bing; Pu, Sheng-yan; Skoczylas, Frédéric
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.5 pp. 213
- argillite, etc ; bentonite; clay; permeability; radioactive waste; safety assessment; Belgium; France; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Opalinus clay (OPA) is currently being investigated as a potential host rock for radioactive waste repository. The construction of this repository will lead to an excavation-damaged zone (EDZ) in the surrounding. Its sealing ability is crucial for the safety assessment of the geological repository. The sealing ability of OPA has a close relationship with its water retention and gas permeability be ...
- Ubersfeld, D.; Leyval, C.; Redon, P. O.; Mustin, C.
- European journal of soil science 2018 v.69 no.2 pp. 348-359
- argillite, etc ; air; aluminum; anions; antioxidants; calcium; carvacrol; cations; chlorine; clay; iron; leachates; leaching; linalool; magnesium; metabolites; nitrates; oxidation; phosphates; potassium; pyrite; root exudates; soil; soil minerals; sulfates; thymol; weathering; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Minerals excavated during industrial activities are stored on the soil surface, exposed to weathering, which leads to the initial development of soil. Plants contribute to soil mineral weathering, mainly by producing acidic or complexing root exudates. In addition, many plants produce antioxidant compounds and phenolic substances that could also contribute to mineral transformation processes, but ...