Jump to Main Content
- Castillo, Lucía; Ladio, Ana
- Environment, development and sustainability 2018 v.20 no.5 pp. 2161-2179
- Aves, etc ; Mammalia; birds; climate; desertification; drought; environmental knowledge; farmers; humans; interviews; livestock; vegetation; wild animals; Argentina; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This work focuses on the study of signs given to humans by domestic and wild vertebrates. These signs are interpreted culturally by settlers who live on the Central Patagonian Plateau and are taken into account in making decisions relating to their lives as subsistence livestock farmers. Open and in-depth interviews were carried out with 20 livestock farmers from 20 rural establishments of Sierra ...
- Núñez-Lahuerta, Carmen; Galán, Julia; Sauqué, Víctor; Cuenca-Bescós, Gloria
- Quaternary international 2018 v.481 pp. 113-122
- Aves, etc ; birds; climate; ecosystems; forests; indicator species; landscapes; temperature; Central European region; Europe; Western European region; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Birds have been considered good climate indicators in Pleistocene environmental reconstructions, due to their current distribution and specific ecological requirements. They have been analyzed as associations and in some cases also as indicator species for the climate during the Late Pleistocene, which is a stage that shows strong climatic fluctuations. In this work we present an analysis of the r ...