Jump to Main Content
- Matiasovic, M.; Halfacree, Z. J.; Moores, A.; Nelissen, P.; Woods, S.; Dean, B.; Chanoit, G.; Barnes, D. C.
- Thejournal of small animal practice 2018 v.59 no.3 pp. 139-146
- thoracic cavity, etc ; abdomen; anesthesia; antibiotics; computed tomography; dogs; image analysis; patients; retrospective studies; statistics; surgery; survival rate; thorax; United Kingdom; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVES: To review a large series of dogs referred for treatment of traumatic impalement injuries to the thorax and/or abdomen and to report aetiologies, injury characteristics, management and long‐term outcomes. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Previously collected data on dogs that were surgically treated for impalement injuries to the trunk at six veterinary specialist referral institutions in the UK ...
- Cappelle, Kelsey K.; Reaugh, H. Fulton
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2018 v.253 no.2 pp. 215-218
- thoracic cavity, etc ; Dachshund; computed tomography; dogs; extrusion; hemorrhage; image analysis; intervertebral disks; males; manubrium; myelography; neurological examination; pain; pelvis; spinal cord; surgery; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... CASE DESCRIPTION A 9-year-old 7.5-kg (16.5-lb) castrated male Dachshund was referred for emergency evaluation of pelvic limb paraplegia of < 24 hours' duration. CLINICAL FINDINGS A spinal cord lesion between T3 and L3 was suspected given the dog's history and neurologic examination results. Computed tomography and myelography spanning T3 through L4 identified an extradural compressive lesion at th ...