Jump to Main Content
- Torres-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.210 pp. 140-148
- apples; color; crop yield; drought; flowering; fruit maturity; fruits; irrigation; leaves; orchards; photosynthesis; shade; trees; viticulture; water potential; water stress; Italy
- ... Net shading was explored as a corrective tool for mitigating the effect of a single year drought event on apple (‘Imperial Gala’) yield in Bologna (Italy). In 2013, trees were grown under three nets with different shading levels (red-50%, white-50%, and black-20%) and without nets. Those treatments received three irrigation doses from 60 days after full bloom until harvest: 260 (control), 115 (mod ...
- García-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Earth-science reviews 2018 v.177 pp. 175-208
- alluvium; climate; cooling; drought; floods; glaciers; growth rings; heat; mountains; peatlands; socioeconomics; spatial variation; temporal variation; Iberian Peninsula
- ... The Little Ice Age (LIA) is known as one of the coldest stages of the Holocene. Most records from the Northern Hemisphere show evidence of significantly colder conditions during the LIA, which in some cases had substantial socio-economic consequences. In this study we investigated the magnitude and timing of climate variability during the LIA in the mountains of the Iberian Peninsula, based on a w ...