Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xiaowei; Chen, Litong; Wang, Jingru; Wang, Minghao; Yang, Shuli; Zhao, Changming
- Journal of forestry research 2018 v.29 no.2 pp. 363-372
- soil water regimes, etc ; Picea crassifolia; acclimation; afforestation; drought; field capacity; forests; gas exchange; global warming; photosystem II; seedlings; soil water; stomatal conductance; temperature; thermal stability; water stress; China; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Picea crassifolia and P. wilsonii, commonly used for afforestation in northern China, are increasingly likely to be subjected to high temperatures and soil drought stress as a result of global warming. However, little is known about the effects of these stresses on foliar photosynthesis in the two species. To investigate how photosynthetic characteristics and sensitivity respond to prolonged high ...
- Newaz, Md. Shah; Dang, Qing-Lai; Man, Rongzhou
- Botany 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 111-119
- soil water regimes, etc ; Pinus banksiana; biogeography; carbon dioxide; climate change; drought; embolism; field capacity; greenhouses; latitude; seedlings; soil water; trees; xylem; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Trees may migrate northward in response to climate change and become exposed to new photoperiod and soil moisture regimes. This study assessed the impacts of photoperiod and its interaction with soil moisture and carbon dioxide concentration ([CO₂]) on the hydraulic conductivity in jack pine (Pinus banksiana Lamb.) and its vulnerability to xylem embolism. Seedlings were exposed to 400 vs. 950 μmol ...