Jump to Main Content
- Pereira, Lilian Elgalise Techio; Paiva, Adenilson José; Geremia, Eliana Vera; Da Silva, Sila Carneiro
- Grassland science 2018 v.64 no.2 pp. 108-117
- forage grasses, etc ; Cenchrus purpureus; canopy; defoliation; dry matter accumulation; grazing; grazing management; leaves; pastures; plant response; regrowth; stem elongation; sward; tillering; tillers; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Elephant grass (Pennisetum purpureum Schumach. cv. Napier) is characterized by high dry matter production and a high contribution of aerial tillers to the tiller population. However, grazing management strategies that favor an increase in aerial tillers, such as long regrowth periods, particularly when associated with severe grazing, can result in a decrease in sward growth, as they are subject to ...
- Furlan, Felipe; Borgo, Lucelia; Rabêlo, Flávio Henrique Silveira; Rossi, Monica Lanzoni; Martinelli, Adriana Pinheiro; Azevedo, Ricardo Antunes; Lavres, José
- Theoretical and Experimental Plant Physiology 2018 v.30 no.2 pp. 141-152
- forage grasses, etc ; Brachiaria; Urochloa; aluminum; antioxidant activity; biochemical pathways; biomass production; cell membranes; cultivars; dry matter accumulation; gene expression regulation; genotype; interspecific variation; leaf area; lipid peroxidation; nutrient solutions; oxidative stress; regrowth; root growth; root hairs; shoots; toxicity; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Forage grasses belonging to the Urochloa (Brachiaria) genus present tolerance to Al toxicity, however there are intra- and interspecific differences among the species, which in turn should be better depicted. Here we evaluate genotypic differences in Al tolerance in four Urochloa (U. decumbens cultivar Basilisk; U. brizantha cultivar Marandu; U. brizantha cultivar Piatã and U. brizantha cultivar X ...