Jump to Main Content
- Seefelt, Nancy E.
- Waterbirds 2018 v.41 no.2 pp. 189-197
- Micropterus dolomieu, etc ; Phalacrocorax auritus; breeding; cameras; control methods; energy metabolism; fisheries; litigation; models; nesting; nontarget organisms; population dynamics; surveys; telemetry; trees; Lake Michigan; Michigan; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In 2000, studies began on the Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) in the Beaver Archipelago, Lake Michigan, Michigan, USA, and have continued through the present. Research was conducted to determine whether Double-crested Cormorants were preying on smallmouth bass (Micropterus dolomieu) and causing a decline in this fishery. Breeding Double-crested Cormorant population estimates were ...
- Middaugh, Christopher R.; Kessinger, Brin; Magoulick, Daniel D.
- Ecology of freshwater fish 2018 v.27 no.1 pp. 19-29
- Micropterus dolomieu, etc ; autumn; climate change; climatic factors; energy metabolism; fish; groundwater; habitats; highlands; lotic systems; models; runoff; seasonal variation; spring; streams; summer; water temperature; winter; Arkansas; Oklahoma; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Temperature increases due to climate change over the coming century will likely affect smallmouth bass (Micropterus dolomieu) growth in lotic systems at the southern extent of their native range. However, the thermal response of a stream to warming climate conditions could be affected by the flow regime of each stream, mitigating the effects on smallmouth bass populations. We developed bioenergeti ...