Jump to Main Content
- Vázquez-Gómez, M.; García-Contreras, C.; Torres-Rovira, L.; Astiz, S.; Óvilo, C.; González-Bulnes, A.; Isabel, B.
- Journal of animal science and biotechnology 2018 v.9 no.1 pp. 27
- feed conversion, etc ; backfat; birth weight; carcass quality; carcass yield; compensatory growth; diet; farms; liver; males; malnutrition; meat; meat composition; meat quality; omega-3 fatty acids; piglets; postnatal development; pregnancy; progeny; restricted feeding; slaughter; sows; swine breeds; weaning; weight gain; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The aim of this study was to determine how maternal undernutrition during pregnancy and offspring birth-weight can affect the postnatal development of offspring under farm conditions, which may lead to consequences in its meat and carcass quality. The current study involved a total of 80 litters from Iberian sows fed a diet fulfilling daily requirements (n = 47; control) or providing 7 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lai, Anqiang; Dong, Guozhong; Song, Daijun; Yang, Tan; Zhang, Xiaolong
- BMC veterinary research 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 140
- feed conversion, etc ; Eimeria; blood serum; broiler chickens; chicks; coccidiosis; coccidiostats; diet; growth performance; hatcheries; immune response; males; methionine; narasin; oocysts; partridges; poultry production; protein metabolism; vaccination; vaccines; veterinary medicine; weight gain; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Coccidiosis is a prevalent problem in chicken production. Dietary addition of coccidiostats and vaccination are two approaches used to suppress coccidia in the practical production. Methionine (Met) is usually the first limiting amino acid that plays important roles in protein metabolism and immune functions in chickens. The present study is aimed to investigate whether increasing diet ...
- PubMed Central: