Jump to Main Content
- Iqbal, N.; Evans, T.A.
- Bulletin of entomological research 2018 v.108 no.1 pp. 14-22
- fipronil, etc ; Blattodea; Macrotermes; active ingredients; baiting; bioassays; chitin synthesis inhibitors; field experimentation; imidacloprid; monitoring; neurotoxins; paper; pests; Singapore; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Fungus-growing termites (Macrotermitinae) are important pests in tropical countries. They are difficult to control with existing baiting methods, as chitin synthesis inhibitors are not effectual as active ingredients. We tested two neurotoxins, fipronil and imidacloprid, as potential bait active ingredients against Macrotermes gilvus (Hagen) in Singapore. In laboratory bioassays, M. gilvus showed ...
- Gochnour, Benjamin M.; Suiter, Daniel R.; Davis, Jerry W.; Huang, Qingguo
- Insects 2018 v.9 no.4
- fipronil, etc ; Linepithema humile; air drying; ant control; hexane; industry; insecticides; methanol; methylene chloride; mortality; paper; pests; professionals; pupae; runoff; semiochemicals; solvents; surface water; toxic substances; water pollution; worker ants; California; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The Argentine ant, Linepithema humile, is an invasive nuisance, agricultural, and ecological pest from South America. In the United States, its primary distribution is in California and the Southeast. The structural pest control industry responds to property owner complaints when this ant’s populations become problematic and a persistent nuisance. Actions taken to control Argentine ants in t ...
- PubMed Central: