Jump to Main Content
- Torres-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.210 pp. 140-148
- apples; color; crop yield; drought; flowering; fruit maturity; fruits; irrigation; leaves; orchards; photosynthesis; shade; trees; viticulture; water potential; water stress; Italy
- ... Net shading was explored as a corrective tool for mitigating the effect of a single year drought event on apple (‘Imperial Gala’) yield in Bologna (Italy). In 2013, trees were grown under three nets with different shading levels (red-50%, white-50%, and black-20%) and without nets. Those treatments received three irrigation doses from 60 days after full bloom until harvest: 260 (control), 115 (mod ...
- Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2018 v.134 pp. 49-54
- Posidonia oceanica; climate change; flowering; heat; heterozygosity; leaves; seagrasses; sexual reproduction; water pollution
- ... Sexual reproduction in predominantly clonal marine plants increases recombination favoring adaptation and enhancing species resilience to environmental change. Recent studies of the seagrass Posidonia oceanica suggest that flowering intensity and frequency are correlated with warming events associated with global climate change, but these studies have been observational without direct experimental ...