Jump to Main Content
- Puttick, M. N.
- Journal of evolutionary biology 2018 v.31 no.4 pp. 502-515
- Aves, etc ; Squamata; body size; fossils; mammals; models; phylogeny; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Macroevolutionary theory predicts high rates of evolution should occur early in a clade's history as species exploit ecological opportunity. Evidence from the fossil record has shown a high prevalence of early bursts in morphological evolution, but recent work has provided little evidence for early high rates in the evolution of extant clades. Here, I test the prevalence of early bursts in extant ...
- Athanassiou, Athanassios; Michailidis, Dimitris; Vlachos, Evangelos; Tourloukis, Vangelis; Thompson, Nicholas; Harvati, Katerina
- Quaternary international 2018 v.497 pp. 178-197
- Aves, etc ; Elephantidae; Emys orbicularis; Hippopotamus; Pleistocene epoch; Sus scrofa; Testudo; basins; deer; fauna; forests; fossils; lacustrine sediments; lignite; mining; surface water; surveys; water birds; woodlands; Greece; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The mining activities in the Middle Pleistocene lacustrine basin of Megalopolis (Peloponnesus, Greece) have exposed expanded sections of lacustrine sediments. In particular, the northernmost mine of Kyparíssia has yielded numerous vertebrate fossils, recovered during field surveys and small-scale rescue excavations. The stratified specimens indicate the presence of at least two fossiliferous horiz ...