Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: allen?
- Allan, Andrew C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2018 v.240 pp. 623-630
- 1-methylcyclopropene; Durio zibethinus; Theobroma cacao; climacteric fruits; dehiscence; durians; ethephon; ethylene; flowering; fruiting; gene expression regulation; genes; hulls; maturity stage; pulp; receptors; ripening
- ... Durian (Durio zibethinus) is a climacteric fruit. Biochemical changes take place in the durian pulp while the husk is dehiscent during fruit ripening. Fruit development of durian cv. Monthong showed a sigmoid curve and reached a maturity stage week 16 after anthesis, while fruit dehiscence started a week after harvest, was hastened by ethephon treatment, and delayed by 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) ...
- Allan, Andrew C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2018 v.41 no.3 pp. 675-688
- Malus domestica; anthocyanins; apples; biosynthesis; crop production; flavonols; fruiting; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hypocotyls; proanthocyanidins; ripening; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Ultraviolet‐B light (UV‐B) is one environmental signal perceived by plants that affects the flavonoid pathway and influences the levels of anthocyanins, flavonols, and proanthocyanidins. To understand the mechanisms underlying UV exposure, apple trees were grown under spectral filters that altered transmission of solar UV light. Fruit analysis showed that UV induced changes in physiology, metaboli ...