Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological conservation 2018 v.228 pp. 70-78
- Coleoptera; Heteroptera; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; birds; conservation areas; dead wood; forest reserves; forests; fungi; plants (botany); wood
- ... Integrative management strategies that simultaneously aim for wood production and biodiversity conservation are considered crucial to protect biodiversity of forest species outside protected areas. In this study, we evaluated whether deadwood enrichment as an integrative strategy at a scale of 17,000 ha resulted in enhanced biodiversity of saproxylic and non-saproxylic taxa eight years after the i ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied ecology 2018 v.55 no.6 pp. 2933-2943
- Coleoptera; Fomes fomentarius; dead wood; deciduous forests; extinction; forest restoration; fungi; habitat conservation; habitats; microsatellite repeats; population genetics; population structure; threatened species; trees; Germany
- ... Habitat restoration aims to improve local habitat conditions for threatened species. While such restorations are widespread, rigorous evaluations of their success are rare. This is especially true of those considering species dynamics. Increasingly, deadwood is a target for forest restoration as many species directly and indirectly depend on this resource. In a broadleaf forest in southern Germany ...