Jump to Main Content
- Zhaorong Hu; Rui Wang; Mei Zheng; Xingbei Liu; Fei Meng; Hualing Wu; Yingyin Yao; Mingming Xin; Huiru Peng; Zhongfu Ni; Qixin Sun
- plant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 372-388
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis; Triticum aestivum; auxins; carboxylic acids; electrophoresis; ethylene; ethylene production; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; homozygosity; mutants; nutrient uptake; phenotype; promoter regions; roots; signal transduction; staple crops; transcription (genetics); transgenic plants; wheat
- ... Common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is an important staple food crop worldwide. Lateral roots (LRs), as the major component of root architecture, affect water and nutrient uptake in wheat. The phytohormone ethylene is known to affect LR formation; however, the factor(s) modulating ethylene during this process have not yet been elucidated in wheat. Here we identified wheat TaWRKY51 as a key factor ...
- Zhenyan Zhang; Mingjing Ke; Qian Qu; W.J.G.M. Peijnenburg; Tao Lu; Qi Zhang; Yizhi Ye; Pengfei Xu; Benben Du; Liwei Sun; Haifeng Qian
- Environmental pollution 2018 v.239 pp. 689-697
- Triticum aestivum; aldehydes; antioxidant activity; auxins; cell proliferation; copper; copper nanoparticles; copper sulfate; crops; enzyme activity; gene expression regulation; genes; growth retardation; industry; methane; nitrogen; oxidative stress; phytotoxicity; programmed cell death; proline; reactive oxygen species; root growth; roots; transcription (genetics); wheat
- ... Copper nanoparticles (nCu) are widely used in industry and in daily life, due to their unique physical, chemical, and biological properties. Few studies have focused on nCu phytotoxicity, especially with regard to toxicity mechanisms in crop plants. The present study examined the effect of 15.6 μM nCu exposure on the root morphology, physiology, and gene transcription levels of wheat (Triticum aes ...