Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: kevin?
- Liu, Kexin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2018 v.8 no.1 pp. 73
- Dechloromonas; Gallionella; Hydrogenophaga; Methylomonas; Rhodoferax; Sulfitobacter; Thiobacillus; aquatic ecosystems; bacterial communities; biomarkers; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; oxidation; pollutants; river water; rivers; sulfur; surveys
- ... In this study, we surveyed the abundance and diversity of three sulfur oxidation genes (sqr, soxB, and dsrA) using quantitative assays and Miseq high-throughput sequencing. The quantitative assays revealed that soxB is more abundant than sqr and dsrA and is the main contributor to sulfur oxidation. In the diversity analysis, the SOB community mainly comprised the classes Nitrospira, Alphaproteobac ...
- Liu, Kexin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food & function 2018 v.9 no.5 pp. 2684-2694
- antagonists; anti-inflammatory activity; bile acids; collagen; coumarin; genes; grapefruits; hepatoprotective effect; histology; homeostasis; in vitro studies; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; liver; liver cirrhosis; liver neoplasms; mice; small interfering RNA; staining; toxicity; transcription factor NF-kappa B; transforming growth factor beta 1; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Hepatic fibrosis is a pathological process that eventually leads to the development of cirrhosis and liver cancer by various types of chronic liver disease. To date, there is no standard treatment for the progression of liver fibrosis. This study aims to investigate the hepatoprotection of auraptene (AUR), a simple coumarin contained in the peels of citrus fruits such as grapefruit, against thioac ...
- Liu, Kexin, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Environmental toxicology 2018 v.33 no.10 pp. 1050-1060
- Panax ginseng; alanine transaminase; alkaline phosphatase; antagonists; aspartate transaminase; blood serum; carbon; carbon tetrachloride; catalase; genes; hepatoprotective effect; histology; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; liver; liver diseases; metabolic detoxification; mice; oral administration; oxidative stress; pathogenesis; signal transduction; small interfering RNA; sulforaphane; superoxide dismutase; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Oxidative stress and inflammatory response are well known to be involved in the pathogenesis of acute liver injury. This study was performed to examine the hepatoprotective effect of ginsenoside Rg1 (Rg1) against CCl₄‐induced acute liver injury, and further to elucidate the involvement of Nrf2 signaling pathway in vivo and in vitro. Mice were orally administered Rg1 (15, 30, and 60 mg/kg) or sulfo ...