Jump to Main Content
- Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2018 v.134 pp. 49-54
- Posidonia oceanica; climate change; flowering; heat; heterozygosity; leaves; seagrasses; sexual reproduction; water pollution
- ... Sexual reproduction in predominantly clonal marine plants increases recombination favoring adaptation and enhancing species resilience to environmental change. Recent studies of the seagrass Posidonia oceanica suggest that flowering intensity and frequency are correlated with warming events associated with global climate change, but these studies have been observational without direct experimental ...
- García-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Earth-science reviews 2018 v.177 pp. 175-208
- alluvium; climate; cooling; drought; floods; glaciers; growth rings; heat; mountains; peatlands; socioeconomics; spatial variation; temporal variation; Iberian Peninsula
- ... The Little Ice Age (LIA) is known as one of the coldest stages of the Holocene. Most records from the Northern Hemisphere show evidence of significantly colder conditions during the LIA, which in some cases had substantial socio-economic consequences. In this study we investigated the magnitude and timing of climate variability during the LIA in the mountains of the Iberian Peninsula, based on a w ...