Jump to Main Content
- Souza de Araújo, Flávio Henrique, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.118 pp. 1-12
- Campomanesia; acute toxicity; females; fruits; histopathology; lethal dose 50; males; models; mortality; oral administration; rats; satellites; tissue weight; toxicity testing; traditional medicine; South America
- ... Campomanesia pubescens is a fruit plant widely distributed in South America and used by the population for medicinal and nutritional purposes, with important economic and cultural value. This study evaluated the toxic potential of the ethanolic extract from C. pubescens (EEFCP) fruits through acute and short-term toxicity tests. For the acute toxicity test, female rats received a single oral dose ...
- Medeiros Dantas, Antônio Flávio, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2018 v.122 pp. 79-83
- DNA; Leptospira interrogans; antibodies; bacteria; blood sampling; crossbreds; euthanasia; ewes; geometry; histopathology; kidneys; leptospirosis; necropsy; purebreds; serodiagnosis; serotypes; sheep breeds; tissues; urine; uterus
- ... Leptospirosis is a disease that negatively affects the productive and reproductive indices of ruminants. Sheep are considered highly resistant to infection, although susceptibility may vary among breeds. Thus, the aim of the present study was to analyze the susceptibility between sheep breeds to the experimental infection by leptospires of the Pomona serogroup. Pomona serogroup, Kennewicki serovar ...