Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Xiaoming, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2018 v.82 pp. 1-10
- chemical composition; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; fluorescence; galacturonic acid; glycosylation; hydrocolloids; pectins; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; polygalacturonase; relative humidity; sugar beet; surface tension; whey protein isolate
- ... The effects of different sugar beet pectin (SBP) components on the conjugates formed between SBP and whey protein isolate (WPI) under the condition of 80 °C, 79% relative humidity, for 5 h were investigated in this study. SBP samples with different chemical compositions were SBP1 (without any treatment), SBP2 (modified with polygalacturonase), SBP3 (modified with arabinanase/galactanase combinatio ...
- Guo, Xiaoming, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2018 v.77 pp. 277-285
- Cichorium intybus; calcium; chemical composition; chicory; emulsions; functional properties; galacturonic acid; hydrocolloids; hydrophobicity; inulin; methylation; molecular weight; oils; pectins; pulp
- ... Polysaccharides from chicory root pulp (CRP) were extracted and structurally characterized. Different extractants were sequentially used to obtain three extracts, referred to as the water-extracted polysaccharides (WEP), chelate-extracted polysaccharides (CEP) and acid-extracted polysaccharides (AEP). The results indicated that WEP, CEP and AEP accounted for 5%, 9.3% and 3.2% of the starting chico ...