Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: allen?
- Allan, Andrew C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2018 v.153 pp. 262-270
- Actinidia deliciosa; Actinidia eriantha; budbreak; dormancy; flowering; genes; kiwifruit; models; promoter regions; seed germination; spring; tobacco; transcription factors; transcriptional activation; transgenic plants; winter
- ... Kiwifruit SHORT VEGETATIVE PHASE (AcSVP) genes have been implicated in regulation of dormancy and flowering. Previously, we have shown that AcSVP2 and AcSVP3 have different effects on dormancy and flowering in transgenic kiwifruit and model plants. The role of two homologous genes, AcSVP1 and AcSVP4, remained unclear. Here, AcSVP1 and AcSVP4 were functionally characterized by ectopic expression in ...
- Allan, Andrew C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.125 pp. 232-238
- 1-methylcyclopropene; apples; color; durians; ethephon; ethylene; ethylene production; firmness; gene expression regulation; genes; kiwifruit; leaves; pulp; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ripening; shelf life; signal transduction; tobacco; total soluble solids; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Rapid fruit ripening is a significant problem that limits the shelf life of durian, with ethylene having a major impact on the regulation of this event. Durian treated with ethephon ripened 3 d after treatment with increased pulp total soluble solids, ethylene production of the whole fruit and decreased pulp firmness compared to the control fruit. 1-MCP treatment delayed ripening by up to 9 d with ...