Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Haihua; Huang, Zhandong; Cai, Zheren; Zhang, Rui; Wang, Haiyan; Song, Yanlin; Reichmanis, Elsa
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.51 pp. 15804-15811
- microfluidic technology, etc ; air; aluminum oxide; bubbles; coatings; droplets; emulsions; finite element analysis; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobicity; liquids; nanomaterials; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The stick–slip motion of the triple phase contact line (TCL) has wide applications in inkjet printing, surface coatings, functional material assembly, and device fabrication. Here, for the first time, we report that on an alumina substrate with nanostructures, the stick–slip motion of the advancing TCL during spreading of an emulsion droplet can serve as an effective nanopatterning process. Air en ...
- Joshipura, Ishan D.; Ayers, Hudson R.; Castillo, Gilbert A.; Ladd, Collin; Tabor, Christopher E.; Adams, Jacob J.; Dickey, Michael D.
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.51 pp. 44686-44695
- microfluidic technology, etc ; acids; adhesion; air; alloys; chemical bases; coatings; electrodes; electronics; energy; gallium; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; liquids; metrology; nanoparticles; roughness; silica; silicone; spectroscopy; surface roughness; surface tension; topography; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... This work reports a simple approach to form, study, and utilize rough coatings that prevent the adhesion of gallium-based liquid metal alloys. Typically, liquids with large interfacial tension do not wet nonreactive surfaces, regardless of surface topography. However, these alloys form a surface oxide “skin” that adheres to many substrates, even those with low surface energy. This work reports a s ...