Jump to Main Content
- Castillo, Lucía; Ladio, Ana
- Environment, development and sustainability 2018 v.20 no.5 pp. 2161-2179
- Aves, etc ; Mammalia; birds; climate; desertification; drought; environmental knowledge; farmers; humans; interviews; livestock; vegetation; wild animals; Argentina; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This work focuses on the study of signs given to humans by domestic and wild vertebrates. These signs are interpreted culturally by settlers who live on the Central Patagonian Plateau and are taken into account in making decisions relating to their lives as subsistence livestock farmers. Open and in-depth interviews were carried out with 20 livestock farmers from 20 rural establishments of Sierra ...
- Vieira, AnahiS.; Pinto, PriscilaS.; Lilenbaum, Walter
- Tropical animal health and production 2018 v.50 no.2 pp. 229-238
- Aves, etc ; Leptospiraceae; agglutination tests; amphibians; antigens; ecosystems; epidemiology; humans; leptospirosis; livestock; public health; reptiles; serotypes; systematic review; wild animals; wildlife; Latin America; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Leptospirosis is a bacterial systemic infection which affects domestic animals and wildlife, as well as humans. Many wild animals act as reservoirs of leptospires. Nevertheless, the real role of wildlife animals as source of infection to livestock and humans, as well as the most important reservoirs and leptospiral strains remains unclear. This systematic review assesses the available data about w ...