Jump to Main Content
- Evans, Dawn E.; Kawabata, Atsushi; Wilson, Leslie D.; Kim, Kenneth; Dehghanpir, Shannon D.; Gaunt, Steve D.; Welborn, Matt; Grasperge, Britton; Gill, Marjorie S.
- thoracic cavity, etc ; Conidiobolus; Mucor circinelloides; Sus scrofa; Vietnamese Potbellied; eosinophils; fungi; giant cells; histiocytes; hyphae; inflammation; lungs; mycoses; necropsy; plasma cells; pneumonia; polymerase chain reaction; swine; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Two Vietnamese potbellied pigs (Sus scrofa) had respiratory disease and, on autopsy, both pigs had large masses in the lungs and thoracic cavity. Microscopically, pulmonary and pleural masses contained large areas with hyphae surrounded by hypereosinophilic cellular debris rimmed by abundant eosinophils, lymphocytes, plasma cells, and histiocytes with occasional multinucleate giant cells. The hype ...
- Appelgrein, C; Hosgood, G
- Australian veterinary journal 2018 v.96 no.1-2 pp. 28-32
- thoracic cavity, etc ; Bull Terrier; German Shepherd; Golden Retriever; Labrador Retriever; Vizsla; cats; dogs; lungs; morbidity; muscles; osteotomy; patent ductus arteriosus; periosteum; pleura; postoperative complications; thoracic duct; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: To describe a modified rib pivot thoracotomy and its clinical application in client‐owned dogs and cats. STUDY DESIGN: Case series of 24 dogs and 1 cat requiring a thoracotomy. METHODS: A lateral thoracic incision over the required thoracic segment was made. The latissimus dorsi muscle was reflected dorsally. The predetermined rib was identified and the periosteum overlying the rib was ...