Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Sanghwa; Lee, Jun Hyuck; Kim, Han-Woo; Hong, Jong Wook
- Cryobiology 2018 v.85 pp. 33-38
- specific heat, etc ; Leucosporidium; Raman spectroscopy; binding proteins; binding sites; crystallization; differential scanning calorimetry; drugs; freezing; glycoproteins; heat flow; ice; medicine; melting; principal component analysis; temperature; yeasts; Arctic region; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Ice binding proteins (IBPs) have been attracting significant interest on account of their characteristic of inhibiting ice growth and recrystallization. Owing to their unique characteristics, IBPs have been studied for applications in food, pharmaceuticals, and medicine, as well as from a general scientific point of view. In this study, we have used differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and Rama ...
- Krishna Kumar, Pavitra; Bhunia, Kanishka; Tang, Juming; Rasco, Barbara A.; Takhar, Pawan S.; Sablani, Shyam S.
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2018 v.12 no.3 pp. 1572-1580
- specific heat, etc ; Solanum tuberosum; differential scanning calorimetry; foods; freezing; freezing point; frozen storage; melting; models; potatoes; storage conditions; temperature; thermal conductivity; thermal diffusivity; water content; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Potatoes are an important food in many regions of the world and are commonly used in a variety of food products. Thermal transition and thermo-physical properties of potatoes are important in order to design efficient food processes and select appropriate storage conditions. In this study, we determined the thermal transitions and thermophysical properties of raw and blanched/par-fried potato for ...