Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Subtropical plant science 2018 v.68 pp. 41-52
- Bacteroides; Lactobacillus; Raoultella ornithinolytica; Raoultella planticola; ammonium; bacteria; bioavailability; butyric acid; byproducts; colon; dietary fiber; digestion; food composition; grape pomace; grape pomace extracts; grapes; in vivo studies; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; models; polyphenols; proteolysis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; wines
- ... Grape pomace is a winery by-product rich in polyphenols and dietary fibre, two food constituents in whose bioaccessibility gut microbiota is implicated. To overcome the limitations of in vivo studies concerning difficult access to proximal regions of the colon, this paper reports, for the first time, the in vitro colonic digestion of grape pomace extracts (GPEs) using a dynamic gastrointestinal di ...
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.45 pp. 34-46
- biomarkers; blood; diet; fatty acid composition; glucose; grape pomace; intestinal microorganisms; metabolism; metabolites; microRNA; urine; women
- ... This paper reports a comprehensive pilot study of the effects of dietary supplementation with grape pomace (GP) in humans. After an initial washout period, the diet of 10 healthy women was supplemented with a dairy amount of 1.4 g of a red Grape Pomace (GP) extract (Eminol®) for 21 days. Among the different biochemical and immune parameters measured in plasma, a significant decrease (p < 0.05) was ...