Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of proteome research 2018 v.17 no.4 pp. 1624-1635
- colon; feces; human health; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; metabolism; metabolites; metabolome; metabolomics; polyphenols; proteome; tartaric acid; urine; wines
- ... Moderate red-wine consumption has been widely described to exert several benefits in human health. This is mainly due to its unique content of bioactive polyphenols, which suffer several modifications along their pass through the digestive system, including microbial transformation in the colon and phase-II metabolism, until they are finally excreted in urine and feces. To determine the impact of ...
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.45 pp. 34-46
- biomarkers; blood; diet; fatty acid composition; glucose; grape pomace; intestinal microorganisms; metabolism; metabolites; microRNA; urine; women
- ... This paper reports a comprehensive pilot study of the effects of dietary supplementation with grape pomace (GP) in humans. After an initial washout period, the diet of 10 healthy women was supplemented with a dairy amount of 1.4 g of a red Grape Pomace (GP) extract (Eminol®) for 21 days. Among the different biochemical and immune parameters measured in plasma, a significant decrease (p < 0.05) was ...