Jump to Main Content
- Saha, Anita, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of environmental science and health 2018 v.53 no.3 pp. 207-213
- autoclaving; groundwater; horses; intravenous injection; liquid chromatography; methanol; pentobarbital; potting mix; sand; soil types; tissues; topsoil
- ... Intravenous injection of barbiturates, particularly pentobarbital (5-ethyl-5-pentan-2-yl-1,3-diazinane-2,4,5-trione), is a widely used method to euthanize large animals such as horses. However, one concern with this method is the fate of pentobarbital after the disposal of the carcass. As tissues decompose, pentobarbital may leach into the soil and from there migrate to groundwater. A method using ...
- Andre, Anita, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2018 v.57 no.33 pp. 11366-11373
- computer-aided design; distillation; ethanol; hydrophilicity; liquids; methanol; pervaporation; process design; vapors
- ... Chemical process design is a creative step of engineers that should be supported by different computer-aided design tools. Such tools should be simple and easy to use because process synthesis often means the investigation of a huge number of alternatives. During the design of the separation of liquid mixtures, among many others, distillation and pervaporation are usually simultaneously considered ...